Marklin 60055 - Transformer 60 VA 120 volts

Marklin 60055 Transformer 60 VA 120 volts
  • $142.93
    Unit price per 
Shipping calculated at checkout.

  Shows to be in stock at Ajckids

Add to Wishlist

Scale: All Scales

Transformer for supplying power to the Mobile Stations (comes with jack plug style connector that fits the Marklin 24088 adapter track, and the 60113 adapter box). For operation with 120 volt household current. This transformer has a new connection socket and a power cord with a plug. This transformer can be used for to supply power for conventionally controlled Marklin solenoid accessories.

16 volt AC output.

Plastic housing.

Dimensions 150 x 110 x 80 mm / 5-7/8 x 4-5/16 x 3-1/8 inches. Tested for safety.

Marklin Connections

Now How do I connect this?


Here is some help with Marklin connections and color codings used on wiring. If you follow these same rules, it will make it easier for you to track and find faults later in your wiring.


Marklin Red and Brown Wires

Used to connect power (the speed control AC power) to the track.
- Red is for the center rail (marked B on the bottom)

- Brown is for the outer two rails (marked O on the bottom).


On larger layouts, it is best to have multiple power connections to the track. We have special wire sets that make this easy. The Marklin 74040 wire set is just over 3 feet long, and has spade connectors on one side.

You can also run a feeder wire from a track portion (typically a track piece close to where your feeder wire is hooked up), to another track piece further down the track using the Marklin 74042 wire set. It has spade connectors on both sides.



Marklin Accessories

- Accessories like lights and turnouts are powered by Yellow and Brown. The brown wire is the wire that typically gets switched, the yellow is always on. Therefore, if you have control boxes like the 72710, 72720, 72730 or 72740, you hook up the brown wire from the transformer to the side of those control boxes. Typical transformer output (the constant voltage AC power) side. Used to power accessories, like turnouts and lights.

Marklin 60055 Transformer

- The Marklin 60055 transformer comes with a tiny plastic plug. It almost looks like a black little cube with 2 small prongs (see the picture below).


You need to attach the black double wire to this plug, so that you can plug it into the transformer. The black double wire has a jack style plug on its end, that will plug into the Central Station, or the 60113 connector box when you use the Mobile Station 2,or the famous ugly box (like on the Marklin 24088 piece of track). Technically, polarity (which wire goes into which side of the plug) does not matter in this case.

Instruction Manual

Marklin 60055 instructions

Questions & Answers

Have a Question?

Question About This Product

Customer Reviews - Our new website and our customers love them!

Based on 3 reviews Please write a review

Charlie Also Recommends