Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 141. B-B wheel arrangement. The locomotive looks as it did in Era V with 5 lamps at each end, rounded vents with vertical grills, and without a continuous rain gutter.
Model: Era V. The locomotive has a DCC/Selectrix decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has a can motor with a bell-shaped armature and a flywheel. 4 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive has separately applied metal grab irons. The engineer's cabs have interior details. The locomotive has separately applied roof walks. The triple headlights and dual red marker lights change over with the direction of travel. The headlights are maintenance-free, warm white LEDs and the marker lights are maintenance-free, red LEDs. They will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. The locomotive has well detailed buffer beams. It also has NEM coupler pockets and a guide mechanism for close couplers.
Length over the buffers 180 mm / 7-1/8".
The Class E 41 - The Firecracker of the German Federal Railroad. In 1950, the German Federal Railroad decided to go ahead with the urgent modernization of its motive power with the purchase of electric locomotives with predominantly standardized components and contracted with all of the important locomotive builders to come up with appropriate suggestions. The goal was a locomotive for freight service in order to relieve the E 94 and a general-purpose locomotive such as was known with the well proven E 44. Another requirement to the builders concerned the engineer's cabs: For the first time the engineer was to do his work seated, which meant an immense improvement for engineers. The result of this request for bids was five experimental locomotives for the class E 10.0. However, exhaustive tests soon revealed that two prototypes would not be suitable for the expected tasks. Officials at the German Federal Railroad therefore decided to have Siemens/Krauss Maffei develop an express locomotive and a freight locomotive, the classes E10 and E 40, AEG/Krupp to develop a heavy freight locomotive, the class E 50, and BBC/Henschel to develop a commuter locomotive, the class E 41.
A total of 451 class E 41 locomotives were purchased between 1956 and 1971. For several decades they left their stamp on more than just the commuter service from the Bavarian Alps to the German coast. This successful design can be considered as a general-purpose locomotive, since it was used as motive power for practically every kind of train service during its long service life. It did not last long in the rigorous S-Bahn service, because it did not have electric brakes required for it. Its traditional task remained commuter service, in particular in push/pull operation with "Silberlinge / Silver Coins" commuter cars. Due to the required low axle load distributed over 2 two-axle trucks, the E 41 could be used with no problem on electrified branch lines. The 4 traction motors on the locomotive represented a further development of the ET 30, and the Siemens-Schuckert Plant / SSW was responsible for the drive gear. They equipped the E 41 like the other standard design locomotives with a rubber ring drive gear system. The oil-cooled transformer was eq
High Performance Electric Locomotive
DB AG cl 120.1 Electric Loco (traffic red)
Copyright 1997-2019 Ajckids.com. All