Brawa 40942 - Steam Locomotive BR 02 DRG, II, DC Digital
This item is not in stock, but available to order.
UPC or EAN: 4012278409429
Steam Locomotive BR 02 DRG, II, DC Digital
Road no.: 02 008
- 850 mm leading wheels
- Valve gear holder in cast design
- Tender 2'2' T34
- Large Wagner smoke deflector
- Boiler, driver's cab and tender made of high-quality, impact-resistant plastic
- Perforated underframe and spoked wheels in die-cast zinc
- True-to epoch lighting
- Standard shaft rear with link guide
- Close coupling between locomotive and tender
- Perfectly replicated back boilerplate
- Lines and extra mounted parts in minimum material thickness
- Drive in the tender
- Single axle bearing
- Epoch-typical toe bearing
NAVIGABLE MINIMUM RADIUS: The models of BR 02 are technically suitable for R 360. For best driving characteristics we recommend the use on R 420.
OVERVIEW OF TECHNICAL FUNCTIONS
|Driver cabin lighting||1)|
1) function only available in digital mode
INFO ABOUT THE ORIGINAL
In parallel to the 01 series, the Deutsche Reichsbahn (German NationalRailway) developed the closely related 02 series. In a direct comparison between the twin two-cylinder design (BR 01) and the composite four-cylinder design (BR 02), the Erfurt, Hamm P and Hof depots began tests to determine which locomotive series was the more suitable for the Deutsche Reichsbahn in everyday operations from 1925 onwards. Due to design defects in the BR02’s steam pathways, it could not fully exploit the advantages of composite technology compared to the BR 01. The additional higher on going maintenance costs then finally led to the decision to give the BR 01 priority in series production. Between 1937 and 1942 the 10 locomotives of the BR 02 series were converted into locomotives of the BR01 at the Reichsbahnausbesserungswerk (national railway repair works) in Meiningen and renumbered as 01 011 (ex 02 001) and 01 233-241 (ex 02002-010). In this condition all 10 locomotives entered service with the Deutsche Bundesbahn (West German Federal Railway). The 001 234-4 was the last to be taken out of service at the Hof railway depot in 1972.
This item is currently out of stock.
|Railroad||DRG - Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft|
|UPC or EAN (GTIN)||4012278409429|
Charlie Also Recommends
Installation Digital Decoder (C Track)
Regular price $3689 $36.89
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh