Trix 16222 - Diesel Locomotive class 220
Shows to be in stock at Ajckids
Scale: N-Scale (1:160)
Prototype: Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 220 heavy diesel hydraulic locomotive. V 200.0 general-purpose locomotive in the paint scheme around 1980: ocean blue / beige. Use: Passenger and freight trains.
Model: Model: The locomotive has a built-in digital decoder for operation with DCC, Selectrix, and Selectrix 2. The motor has a flywheel. 4 axles powered. Traction tires. The triple headlights and dual red marker lights change over with the direction of travel, will work in analog operation, and can be controlled digitally.
Length over the buffers 115 mm / 4-1/2".
|Spitzensignal hinten aus||·|
|Spitzensignal vorne aus||·|
Highlights: Body and frame constructed of metal. Warm white LEDs for the lighting. Cab lighting.
The class V 200 was one of the flagships of the German Federal Railroad (DB) in the 1950s and 1960s. It was also a symbol that the era of steam technology was fast nearing its end. The original color scheme chosen for this class with the impressive, large lettering "DEUTSCHE BUNDESBAHN" is probably the most popular version of the V 200. The structural changes in the motive power for the German Federal Railroad emerged as early as 1949/50. A contract was awarded for the development of a two-motor diesel locomotive with 2,000 horsepower and hydraulic power transmission to replace the class 01. The plan was for these locomotives to handle the medium and heavy passenger trains on main lines, just as the 01 was doing. Krauss-Maffei in Munich was given the contract for the construction of the first five prototype locomotives. Motors for these units came from five manufacturers: Mercedes-Benz, MAN and Maybach. The two V 12 diesel motors installed in the V 200 produced 1,000 horsepower each. Hydraulic transmissions from Maybach and Voith transmitted the power to the trucks. The motors and gear drives from the different manufacturers were interchangeable with each other. In 1953, locomotive road number V 200 001 was finally presented to the public at the Transportation Exhibition in Munich. One year later the first five locomotives entered a test period. The experience from this made it prudent to increase the power for each motor to 1,100 horsepower. The practical limits of the motors in terms of power were approached within the framework of these tests for the locomotive. In 1955, construction of the 81 regular production locomotives was begun. MAK in Kiel and Krauss-Maffei both participated in the production of this group of locomotives. The maximum speed was 140 km/h or 88 mph. After these locomotives were retired, several of them ended up in Switzerland, where they were used with success a while longer in maintenance trains. Several former DB locomotives even went to Saudi Arabia for use in laying track. Several museum locomotives have also been preserved in the class V 200.
- One-time series
- Era IV
- DCC/ Selectrix decoder
- Triple headlights in the front, dual red marker lights rear that change over with the direction of travel
- Lighting with warm white LED’s
- Metal locomotive frame and body
- With NEM coupler pocket and mechanism for close couplers
Released in:- New Items 2014
|Availability||Shows to be in stock|
|Edition||Märklin Dealer Initiative (MHI) Exclusiv Model|
|Railroad||DB - German Bahn|
|Railroad||DB - German Bahn AG|
|UPC or EAN (GTIN)||4028106162220|
Charlie Also Recommends
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh