Trix 16661 - Electric Locomotive E44 Set
This item may be out of stock.
The availability has not yet been updated.
Scale: N-Scale (1:160)
Prototype: 2 Class E 44 electric locomotives. German State Railroad Company (DRG) road number E 44 046 with the roof extension and German Federal Railroad (DB) road number E 44 119 with the roof extension. B-B wheel arrangement, built starting in 1932.
Model: The locomotives have digital interface connectors, and LED headlights and marker lights that change over with the direction of travel and that can be turned off by means of bridge plugs. 4 axles powered on each locomotive. Traction tires. The locomotives have separately applied grab irons and cab steps. The buffer beams swing out like the prototype. The locomotives have NEM coupler pockets. The roof conductors are metal and the insulators are separately applied. The cabs have interior details. Cab lighting can be installed in the cabs and activated with the 66840 digital decoder. Both locomotives are individually packaged.
Length over the buffers for each locomotive 96 mm / 3-3/4".
Highlights: Technical variations. Cab steps. Separately applied grab irons. LED headlights / marker lights.
After an interruption due to the great economic crisis, the electrification of the German State Railroad's network was continued starting in 1930. New, powerful locomotives were needed for the new routes. In the meantime, the German railroad industry had developed new concepts and prototypes for modern general-purpose locomotives. This design from Siemens showed clear progress compared to the previous provincial railroad designs that had merely been developed further. This unit was designed as a lightweight general-purpose locomotive and was built on a welded frame, mounted on trucks with integrated buffer beams and powered with axle-suspended motors. This gave this compact locomotive a total weight of 78 metric tons without the need for pilot trucks and still below the critical 20 metric ton limit for axle loads. The modern motors put out 2,200 kilowatts / 2,950 horsepower, which was available directly at the axles without the need for an expensive gear drive. The maximum speed reached on level track was 90 km/h or 56 mph. The first unit was successfully tested and placed into service by the German State Railroad as early as 1930 as the E 44 001. Additional regular production locomotives with a maximum speed of 80 km/h or 50 mph were ordered immediately, initially for the route from Stuttgart to Augsburg (with the Geislingen Grade). The German State Railroad purchased 174 regular production locomotives, of which 45 remained in East Germany with most of the rest in West Germany. Seven more locomotives were built new for the German Federal Railroad and several were equipped with push/pull controls or resistance brakes. The indestructible E 44 was in regular use well into the Eighties - at the end as the 144 (DB) and 244 (DR).
- Era II
- Era III
- 14-pin connector
- Triple headlights in the front, dual red marker lights rear that change over with the direction of travel
- Triple headlights front and rear
- Lighting with warm white LED’s
- For adults only
Released in:- New items brochure 2015
This item is currently out of stock.
|UPC or EAN (GTIN)||4028106166617|
Charlie Also Recommends
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh