Brawa 40987 - H0 Express Train Museum Locomotive BR 01 association "Pacific 01 202"
Before the class BR 01 gained its reputation as “the” German express locomotive, the companies Borsig (01 001-008) and AEG (01 009-010) delivered a total of 10 pre-series locomotives to the Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft (DRG). The first model was the 01 008, which is still preserved today and was handed over to the DRG on 10 January 1926. However, these locomotives were ahead of their time, as many lines and railway depots were not yet prepared for an axle load of 20 t. As a result, the operating distances remained severely limited in the first few years of use. This in turn made the testing phase for the new locomotives an extremely drawn-out process. The most striking difference to the later series locomotives was the visibly longer cab, which remained a feature of the first ten 01’s. There were also differences in the design of the frame and many other details.
- Boiler, driver's cab and tender made of high-quality, impact-resistant plastic
- Perforated underframe and spoked wheels in die-cast zinc
- Sound decoder, either built in or as a retrofit option
- Illuminated driver's cab
- True-to epoch lighting, multipart lamp housing
- Standard shaft rear with link guide
- Close coupling between locomotive and tender
- Perfectly replicated back boilerplate
- Extra mounted steps
- Navigable minimum radius: The models of BR 01 are technically suitable for R 360. For best driving characteristics we recommend the use on R 420.
|Length over the Buffers (LOB)
|Recommended Minimum Radius
|Triple Headlight with directional change-over
|Close Coupler Mechanism
Ajckids.com is an authorized Brawa Factory Direct Dealer for the USA.