Brawa 44414 - Diesel Railcar VT 66.9 DRG, era 2, Sound
UPC or EAN: 4012278444147
In order to process tourist traffic on secondary lines in a more efficient manner in particular, the young Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft railway company made several attempts to use two-axle and four-axle railcars from 1921 onwards. Based upon the experiences of the initial attempts, 18 four-axle railcars complete with bogies were procured between 1925 and 1929. WUMAG supplied a third of these railcars which were given designations ranging from 757 to 762. The car body was a riveted steel design. Two cooler attachments located on the roof gave the vehicle its distinctive appearance. In accordance with the specifications for passenger carriages, the railcars were given a green paint coat with a silver-grey roofor Upon acceptance, the railcars were used in locations such as Frankfurt/O., Breslau Hbf, Allenstein, Trier, Templin and Oldenburg. All six vehicles moved to the Nuremberg Hbf railway depot in 1930. All vehicles were fitted with a third cooler on the roof during the course of the drive and technology improvements. In 1932, the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft railway company introduced the famous red/ivory railcar paint coat which all VTs were given from this point onwards. They were utilised together with VB 140 trailer cars on secondary railways in the Nuremberg area including to destinations such as Behringersm�hle, Markterlbach and Eschenau.
This item is currently out of stock.
|Railroad||DRG - Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft|
|UPC or EAN (GTIN)||4012278444147|
Charlie Also Recommends
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh